It is important that you are aware of gum disease and the risks it poses to your smile. Gum disease is a dangerous, yet common oral infection that affects numerous people all around the world. Gum disease can have profound consequences if left untreated, including permanent tooth loss. Listed below are the symptoms of gum disease and what to watch for:
– Does it look like your gums are receding away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Do you suffer from frequent bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do your teeth appear to be loose or wobbly?
– Do your gums routinely bleed when consuming food or brushing and flossing?
– Do you have delicate gums that appear swollen, tender to the touch, or are often red and bleeding?
If you would like to discuss gum disease treatment with Dr. Kamy Noruzi and the rest of our team here at Fox River Periodontics, PC, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our periodontist office in Geneva, Illinois. Our number is 630-232-7400. Every day is another opportunity to improve your oral health.