Bone grafting may be needed to improve your oral health care. In some cases, bone grafting treatments can help strengthen your jaw and make it a viable option for multiple dental services and procedures. The benefits of bone grafting include the following:
– From the AAOMS, also called the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, it is said that surgeons will often advise a bone graft if your jaw bone is soft, frail or thin, in order to straighten it to hold an implant.
– Bone grafting typically occurs in tandem with dental implant procedures since your implant will fail if your jawbone is too weak or frail.
– Bone grafting surgeries will remove a bone from one section of your body or use a special bone grafting material to graft onto your jawbone.
– Bone grafting can also be used in a few periodontal dentistry services.
– Unless a very small graft is needed, it normally takes several months for the graft to strengthen with the bone.
To schedule an oral exam for bone grafting at Fox River Periodontics, PC, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Geneva, Illinois, with Dr. Kamy Noruzi and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 630-232-7400. We look forward to seeing you smile.